False statements or representation

My ex-wife and I had an account in which she was supposed to be responsible for paying the account. She has since denied any responsibility for this account and it went to collections. The collections company is utilizing very ambiguous and questionable business practices by frequently increasing and changing the amount due. The original debt owed to XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX was {$19000.00}, as reported on my XXXX/XXXX/2015 XXXX credit report. At Within the past THREE months the balance has been reported to all XXXX credit bureaus at a higher and different amounts. I am very aware that XXXX XXXX has already written off this balance as bad debt, and this company is trying to get more money while seriously damaging my credit. They even put on my credit report negative comments like ” debtor has now been located ”. I had previously called and they had my address so the implication that I was missing is slanderous because it is affecting my good credit history.
I have made multiple attempts to resolve the issue I have asked them for documentation of how and why the balance increased from {$19000.00} on XXXX/XXXX/15 to XXXX on XXXX/XXXX/15 to {$30000.00} on XXXX/XXXX/15! I have attached copies of the various notices in letters they ‘ve changed demonstrating the rapid increase in the balance with no justification or as to why the balance have changed. I spoke with this company and they refused to settle, refused a payment plan, refused to explain or send a detailed invoice, they just keep sending notices with higher balances due. And each notice looks different. When I asked to speak with a manager, the woman, possibly ” XXXX XXXX ” on the phone refused to get a manager for me. She was rude and very disrespectful.
I really want to get rid of this problem. I would like to settle for 20 % of the original {$19000.00} debt due to the fact of the stress, defamation of my character by negative and fraudulent reporting to the credit bureaus, and problems working with this company have caused me.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide me in this matter.

Leave a Reply