Who said balancing acts are only for circus performers? Everyday we struggle with balancing the responsibilities of our work, home and staying fit. As your list of “things to do” gets longer, finding time to eat right and exercise can be challenging. Often small changes to your schedule can lead to noticeable losses on your waistline. The key is proper planning! So if you think you can’t balance it all, well think again! Here are some great tips to help you have it all including looking and feeling great:
- Schedule for success: Plan your work, work your plan-getting organized is the first step to creating and maintaining balance.
- Write down on a calendar everything you need to accomplish that day and don’t forget to include proper travel-time. Incorporating travel-time into your schedule will help reduce the stress felt by running late.
- Plan healthy meals for the week, then make a list of what you will need from the grocery store. Having a plan as you shop will reduce the risk of “grazing”. And never go shopping when you’re hungry!
- Make your lunches for the week and take them each day to work. This way you know you are eating healthy, nutritious food.
- Plan to snack! Bring a healthy snack such as a piece of fruit or cheese to work with you each day. Having healthy snacks around will help avoid any trips to the vending machine for a mid-afternoon Snickers.
- Drink a lot of water. Water helps you to lose weight and stay energized! Keep a bottle on your desk and in your car at all times.
- Plan your sleep. (Yep, that’s what I said). Plan your bedtime and wakeup time so that you always get adequate rest. Getting enough sleep is critical to how you feel on a daily basis. If you wake up tired, you will be less likely to stick to your plan.
Take a little time to create much more time, with proper planning you too can balance work, home and losing weight!
Please Note: Always consult a physician before beginning any exercise program.