This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So you have a motorbike that you want to take on long rides, but you’re struggling with the wet and windy weather beating you back?
Perhaps you’re getting pummeled with insects and debris as you’re riding, and you need a practical solution?
Or maybe you’re looking to improve your bike’s aesthetics, with a classic or modern type look?
Here is a guide to some of the best long ride shields you can find on the market, with good comparative information on each product along the way.
- Top 10 Best Long Ride Shields For The Money 2021 Reviews
- 1 Slipstreamer S-06C Motorcycle Windshield, Clear
- 2 Klock Werks Flare Windshield for 2015 to 2021 Harley Davidson Road Glide 12″ Dark Smoke 2310-0584
- 3 Klock Werks 12″ Dark Smoke Flare Windshield 2310-0358
- 4 Harley Davidson Road King, light tint windshield, OEM height 19″
- 5 9in. WindVest Windshield
- 6 Memphis Shades HD Spoiler MEP8568 Batwing Fairing Windshield 9 inches
- 7 Memphis Shades Demon Windshield With Handlebar Mounting Kit
- 8 National Cycle Dakota 3.0 Windshield – Tall N2310
- 9 Slipstreamer SS-10-T Motorcycle Windshield
- 10 Amazicha Black 8″ Wave Windscreen for Harley FLHT FLHTC FLHX Touring 1996-2013
- The Best Long Ride Shield Buying Guide
- But, On The Whole, The Best Long Ride Shields Is…
Top 10 Best Long Ride Shields For The Money 2021 Reviews
1 Slipstreamer S-06C Motorcycle Windshield, Clear
First up on the list is the clear screened, Slipstreamer S-06C windshield. This windshield comes with a fantastic reputation, with users generally praising its simplicity and great value for money!
Coming in at a height of fifteen inches, and with a width of seventeen and a quarter inches, here you have a very easily installed windshield, that will slipstream you well through those long rides and higher speeds.
What makes this long ride shield really stand out, is that it enables you to feel like you are riding much faster, and the fuel economy has been reported to be much better than similar sized windscreens on the market.
For some, the shield will be on the smaller side, and that might not be so desirable. Yet overall, we think it will suit many motorbike riders out there, especially for all you touring fanatics.
- Easily installed.
- Covers most of your body.
- Makes use of a slipstream design.
- Good for fuel economy.
- Allows possible increases in speed with more ease, in comparison to other shields.
- It may not shield the entirety of your helmet – this would depend on your height though and positioning as you ride.
- Might be a little too small for what some riders are after.
- No sun shielding.
- Maybe not so practical for very high speeds
2 Klock Werks Flare Windshield for 2015 to 2021 Harley Davidson Road Glide 12″ Dark Smoke 2310-0584
Moving on now, we have something rather different on offer with this Harley Davidson specific, Klock Werks Flare Windshield.
Well, what we have here is a slick looking, wide-bodied, pro-touring flare that’ll be sure to keep you streamlining throughout your long journeys.
It comes with a patented hip type feature, designed to route the airflow around you and the bike, whilst also creating a strong downforce towards your front end, for maximal stability! Plus it has a subtle flip at the top of the screen, which essentially softens any air that comes into contact with yourself, or your passenger.
- Unique and patented downforce technology.
- Great for high-speed use!
- Flared screen for sun glare protection.
- Slick looking design.
- Flip design, so rider and passenger get a softer air impact.
- Made for 2015 to 2021 Harley Davidson Road Glide bikes.
- The screen is quite small in comparison to others.
- Not everyone wants a flared screen.
- The price tends to generally be on the steeper side, in comparison to its competitors.
3 Klock Werks 12″ Dark Smoke Flare Windshield 2310-0358
Next on the list, is another Klock Werks with a twelve inch, dark smoke flared windshield, made in the USA. With an incredibly modern and slick look about it, this flared shield looks great on several bike types. And, has been thoroughly tweaked and tested to make your riding a lot more comfortable.
This windshield comes in at a very moderate price, when considering what you get for your money. Like the previous Klock, this also has the signature hip design which pushes air away from the rider, as well as creating a strong downforce on the front end of your bike.
The flip feature also prevents a ‘swirling’ effect from being so prominent around the rider, so in effect, you can ride faster, and feel safer.
Another key feature with this motorcycle windshield is that it’s made from a Lexan polycarbonate, with an FMR hard coating, which essentially gives you an extremely durable and sturdy piece of kit!
- Modern dark smoke flared look.
- Unique Klock, speed tunnel tested design.
- Extra front end downforce.
- Made to be extremely strong and durable.
- Comes in at a very fair price!
- It is on the small side; however, this could also be seen as a positive feature as well.
- Some riders don’t want a flared screen.
- There may be other brands that offer a similar product that’s cheaper.
4 Harley Davidson Road King, light tint windshield, OEM height 19″
Here we have something quite different, although it is another Harley focused windshield. It features a nineteen-inch height, and a more classic, ‘cruiser’ type look and feel, with some nice looking chrome brackets as well.
What sets this apart is that it’s made from high-quality Makrolon 7130 polycarbonate material, not the usual low-quality ABS plastic or acrylic, which makes it solid yet very lightweight!
Overall, we think this larger windshield suits the more classic rider styled bikes, and delivers well with high-quality materials, for modern day demands.
- Great classic styled windscreen.
- High-quality materials used.
- Chrome brackets.
- Great price!
- Suited mainly for Harley Davidson type cruisers.
- It’s a fairly tall windscreen, which could present issues at higher speeds.
- Possibly lacking in some streamline considerations.
5 9in. WindVest Windshield
Now we’re presented with the nine inch WindVest Windshield, which is designed for modern sport and race category motorcycles, though we think it could easily be used for various other bike styles.
A lot of thought and clever engineering has gone into this design for sure. One of these is its very prominent flip, made to create a smoother flow of air, 3 or 4 inches higher than it’s actual size. Plus, it’s made from the unique DOT shatterproof acrylic, which should stand many tests of time.
Due to its quite savvy engineering, the windshield doesn’t have to be so big and seems to fit snugly in place on race or sports type motorbikes.
- Clever design allows it to be smaller in size.
- Super strong DOT shatterproof acrylic technology.
- Ideal for use on modern racing motorcycles.
- It has a cool streamline and flared look.
- Mid-level pricing, for a well-engineered bit of kit.
- Wouldn’t suit classic looking bikes so well.
- It’s very small, so other issues like debris hitting the rider aren’t addressed.
- Made for a ‘low-riding’ position, not ideal for the long rides.
- It’s a flared bike screen, meaning some riders might not like it.
6 Memphis Shades HD Spoiler MEP8568 Batwing Fairing Windshield 9 inches
If you’re searching for a great deal on a modern look windshield, the Memphis Shades HD MEP8568 windshield comes in at nine inches in height, and at a fantastic price for what you get!
Designed to fit will all Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing motorcycles, it’s made to function as a ‘look over’ windshield, though it does effectively reduce air resistance with its specific design features. Also, it’s made from a strong Lucite for great optics and sturdiness.
- Great value for what you get!
- Small but effective in aerodynamics and reduction in air resistance.
- Made from a super clear and strong Lucite material.
- It’s made specifically for Batwing Fairings, so a positive if you have one.
- The screen is quite small, which some riders may not enjoy.
- It’s a flared windscreen, which again might not be suited for some riders.
- If you don’t have a Batwing Fairing, maybe the installation could be tricky.
7 Memphis Shades Demon Windshield With Handlebar Mounting Kit
Next up, is the Memphis Shades Demon Windshield, which comes as a clear screen option, or in black or solar tints. It is of a medium height in comparison to some of the other screens we’ve been looking at, and we do like the color options!
Well, as an overall windshield package it does look pretty good, though the price is a little on the steep side. Its made from Lucite, reputable for its extra clarity and resistance to weather. Plus it’s accompanied with a polished billet aluminum handlebar clamp that will fit onto 1 inch and 7/8 inch handlebars.
- Good medium height, sitting at about eighteen inches above the headlight.
- Available in some very clear tint options, or as a clear screen.
- Made from high-quality Lucite material.
- Comes with an added aluminum handlebar clamp, with a nice polished look.
- Has been known to be a little tricky to install.
- It isn’t the cheapest option available.
- Maybe you would want to opt for a taller screen to cover your head.
8 National Cycle Dakota 3.0 Windshield – Tall N2310
Made with high impact three-millimeter thick acrylic, this tall clear Dakota 3.0 Windshield looks the part! If you’re looking to do some touring, we think this motorbike windscreen will definitely shield you from all weather conditions and debris thrown your way.
With a claimed quick and easy installation, the Dakota 3.0 also comes with a classically styled triple chrome plated hardware, which is shown across the lower section of the windscreen.
So, whether you aim to go on long rides, or just need general protection from the elements, the Dakota 3.0 should do the job well.
Unfortunately, it is a little pricier than expected, although from face value the quality will probably match or surpass this issue.
- Triple Chrome plated hardware gives it stylish looks
- Easy to install
- Expensive, but worth it
9 Slipstreamer SS-10-T Motorcycle Windshield
So we’re nearly there with all the windshield contenders on our list!
The next product presents itself as a great value piece of kit! The Slipstreamer SS-10-T Motorcycle Windshield comes in a nice plain old clear, or smokey tint. Though what impressed us the most is the general price range it sits in, giving you great value for your hard earned dosh!
At twenty and a quarter inches in height, and eight inches in width, the Slipstreamer SS-10 is applicable to 7/8 inch and 1-inch handlebars. What’s great is that the design does a decent job of diffusing the wind, and it’s not so obviously bold and ugly like some other windshields of similar size.
One issue could be with the mounting of the screen, with the bolts not being super strong. However, for the price, we think this is a bargain waiting to be snapped up!
- A tall twenty and quarter inch windscreen, for good protection against the elements.
- Subtle design – it doesn’t stand out too much like other screens at this size.
- Available in a clear or smokey tint.
- Very affordable for what’s included in the package.
- Some users have reported problems with the mounting of the screen.
- The screen mounting bolts aren’t super strong, which could pose issues if you are riding hard.
10 Amazicha Black 8″ Wave Windscreen for Harley FLHT FLHTC FLHX Touring 1996-2013
Finally, we finish up with the Amazicha Black 8 inch Wave Windscreen for Harley models FLHT, FLHTC, FLHX from the years 1996-2013. The screen comes in various shades of black or smokey tints, and should be the cheapest that we have reviewed in this article.
Maybe you don’t need or want to use a windscreen all the time, but just want the option from time to time. Or possibly you just want a really affordable, ‘does the job’ effort in terms of modifying your bike.
Whatever the case, this screen will deflect air resistance well, and is made from a decent ABS plastic for a longer lifespan.
- It’s usually on sale at a very affordable price!
- It comes in a wide variety of tint options.
- Does offer a good level of air deflection.
- Its made from decent materials for the price.
- The screen is quite small.
- There could be quality issues that other screens in a higher price bracket don’t have.
The Best Long Ride Shield Buying Guide
So we’ve rattled through a list of ten different motorcycle windscreens available at the moment, and we’ve noticed variants in price, quality, size, and design.
For the most part, when choosing the best long ride windshield, you should really consider what you really need it for.
Are you looking for a more ‘racier,’ and therefore smaller kind of shield that’ll give you better aerodynamics?
Or, are you looking for a taller, ‘true to heart,’ all-weather, all-purpose, full protecting, long ride screen for those longer tours?
Some riders want to long ride but don’t want an overly obtrusive, ‘stick out like a sore thumb’ type of windshield on their bike – if this is the case then best long ride shield from our list would be the…
These are smaller sized shields for your bike, yet they mostly incorporate clever design features to streamline you on your extended travels.
Other riders will prefer a larger, more practical type of motorbike windscreen. If this is you, then the best long ride shields would be the…
They are all good examples of great value long ride shield choices, that will certainly block all the elements that get in your way.
But, we especially like the…
…due to its simple, neutral look and practical design.
But, On The Whole, The Best Long Ride Shields Is…
The first screen we covered, the…
We chose this because of its all-round quality, it’s mid-sized and looks great – with generally excellent feedback as well!
In this article, we did try to focus on screens that would be beneficial for long rides or touring – though they shouldn’t at all be taken in use for these reasons exclusively.
Overall, there are so many options available now that it can be a minefield to decide what best long ride shield you really want, and how much your budget will allow. Though, we have shed some light on a balanced mixture, of what we think are some very good deals out there today.
We hope you found this article informative, and happy shopping!