This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do you want to improve the fuel economy of your car? Are you looking at elongating the span of your already overworked car’s engine? If so, then an oil additive would surely help.
But which to buy, the choice is vast. But, we are here to help, so read our reviews here for the best oil additives for older engines that you can get for your vehicle, to ensure you make the correct choice.
Oil is understandably a critical factor for the proper functioning of any engine. It lubricates moving parts, reduces friction and as much as possible eradicates wear and tear that is caused by constant use.
Oil additives, on the other hand, complement these oils to increase the performance and efficiency of your vehicle.
When using oil additives in high mileage or older engines, it is important to choose a quality product with proven results. This is because adding the wrong components to your car engine will most likely cost a fortune in repair costs or, worse still, require an engine replacement.
Your engine has served you several thousand miles, and most likely its internals have started to display a certain level of degradation. Moving parts like the crankshaft, pistons, valves, camshafts and so on, are no longer precisely fitted inside of the engine head or block. And your car has lost compression and therefore performance and fuel economy.
Simply put, your car is getting old and tired.
Simple! While an oil additive will not restore faded paint or mend torn car upholstery, it keeps you going by lubricating all your vehicles moving parts and preventing any ongoing wear and tear. Like a charm, you keep going for longer and easier.
Read on to learn all about our top picks for older engines that will put you back on the road with confidence…
- Top 4 Best Oil Additives For Older Engines 2023 Reviews
- So, What’s The Best Oil Additives For Older Engines?
- Why You May Ask?
Top 4 Best Oil Additives For Older Engines 2023 Reviews
1 XL Nanolube Engine Oil Additive and Nano Treatment
The XL Nanolube Engine Oil Additive is unique as it not only cleans your engine and offer fuel economy, it reduces oil burning and engine smoke by mixing with and diluting all improper combustibles that may lie within your engine.
It works with any and every kind of oil, both diesel, and petrol. It is compatible with all engine types. Light duty, check. Heavy-duty, check likewise.
The XL detoxes your vehicle and produces instant results. It gives more power to your vehicle and does so while saving you money by lowering your vehicle fuel consumption. It also is environment-friendly as it removes all engine impurities that lead to harmful emissions.
With just one bottle of the Nanolube in your engine, you get all your vehicles moving metal parts covered in a non-drip Nano-film thus eliminating dry start damages.
The Nanolube does not heat up neither does it burn. Once mixed with oil, it instead keeps your engine oil from burning due to continuous heat exposure inside the engine and keeps it cool at all times.
Therefore, with this oil additive, you conquer the two main reason for engine aging: oil burning or heating up to extremities inside the engine and dry start damages!
To add, with an engine detox as a component of the XL Nanolube, your engine is protected indefinitely from rusting and keeps it that way whether you drive your car or not.
This is a great investment for your engine, wouldn’t you say?
- Compatible with all engines and oil types.
- Adheres to all metal surfaces and does not drip, thus doesn’t leak and eliminates dry start damages!
- Offers superior potency in handling and lowering the heat inside of your engine.
- Its engine oil detox feature protects your engine and moving metal parts from rusting indefinitely!
- This oil additive improves fuel economy while improving the performance of your vehicle.
- Breaks down and absorbs incomplete combustibles thereby eliminating car smoke and protecting the environment.
- However harmless, absorbing incombustible components within your engine causes a buildup of gum, sludge, and varnish which takes more time to flush out during subsequent oil changes.
2 Slick 50 750002 Recharged High Mileage Engine Treatment
The Slick 50 750002 has a great strategy at recharging to full bars your high mileage engine.
With this product, you get an engine treatment propriety ZDDP which is a high format elongator for older engines. This special component is certified by the ILSAC GF5 regulatory body to meet the highest standards ever so you can use this miracle product without any worries!
The Slick 50 does not dilute the additives already in your motor oil and is fully compatible with all multigrade motor oils and monograde oils. It is also completely compatible with all conventional, semi-synthetic and full synthetic oil types. Its friction modifier creates a protective layer of lubrication to minimize heat produced by friction within your engine.
It protects against engine heat and eliminates further wear from friction. It restores any lost performance in your engine and seals up all leak spots to help stop oil leaks.
Even better, it is composed of powerful detergents that remove and prevent oil sludge. It likewise reduces emissions and maximizes your fuel economy.
Super magical, yes, it does practically everything. Just to keep you going.
- Eliminates friction and friction causing heat in your car engine.
- Helps reduce your vehicle’s emissions and maximize fuel economy.
- Its seal revitalizer revitalize engine leaks and stop them
- Powerful detergents remove sludge and eliminate the possibility of a future build up.
- The product packaging is low standard and is usually torn or worn by delivery.
- It is not compatible with heavy-duty engines.
3 Marvel MM13R Mystery Oil
The Marvel MM13R Mystery Oil works quite mysteriously. But, it does it all. It improves compression, engine performance and lubricates your cars upper cylinder for smoother output and an improved fuel economy.
It comprises of some really decent detergents that keep sludge out and retains your engines cleanliness for a better operation. Thes detergents also clean and lubricates your fuel injectors and carburetors and prevents valve sticking and clatter.
It also prevents oil non-effectiveness by keeping it smudgy and effective even in extreme temperature.
It is compatible with all oil types and is safe to use with older engines as well as new.
- Improves all round vehicle performance and demonstrates superior output.
- Lubricates your car engine and even non-directly-relatable engine parts.
- Removes sludge and sludge build-up in your vehicle engine.
- Is compatible for use in old and new engines.
- Helps the engine oil run properly in extreme weather.
- Does not eliminate high heat levels common in several older engines.
4 STP High Mileage Oil Treatment + Stop Leak
The STP High Mileage Oil Treatment is a high-viscosity formula specially formulated to provide a thicker cushion between moving engine parts hence eliminating friction in your engine.
Made with a special zinc anti-wear agent ZDDP that rejuvenates your seals, gaskets, and leaks, and eliminates noise and smoking. It works with all vehicle types, and while it seems as easy as A, B, C, adding this to your every oil change sure guarantees your engine an indefinite usage timeline on the roads!
- The ZDDP formula in this product rejuvenates your overall engine and relative parts to improve their performance.
- Rejuvenates seals and gaskets.
- Stops engine noise and smoking.
- Is compatible with all car engine types.
- Stops friction causing wear and tear in your engine.
- Does not eliminate engine smudge.
So, What’s The Best Oil Additives For Older Engines?
Adding a proper oil additive to your vehicle is certain to save you a lot of stress and overall costs especially if you buy one that has powerful ingredients to do a good job of preventing further engine degradation.
That said, while we have taken all probable factors into consideration to make you a safe list of the best four oil additives for older engines you can currently get on the market, you should go through each of the detailed descriptions to choose which one best fits your needs and give you the results you would like to see.
However, our editor’s pick goes to the…
Why You May Ask?
Well, it meets up to an excellent expectation of just about everything needed to keep you going!
It cleans your engine, offers you fuel economy, keeps your car engine at a consistently low temperature and eliminates engine smoke.
It works with any and every kind of oil, both diesel, and petrol and is compatible with all engine types. The most amazing part of all is the instant results it provides your vehicle.
This oil passes the oil drip test and does it to a level of excellence by eliminating the two causes of older engine damage: dry start damages and engine overheating.
Since it focuses on engine life elongation and has all the required details to rejuvenate your aging engine, we strongly believe this is a good product that will leave you riding for much longer!