This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
An RV is a significant investment that is designed to serve as a home with all the features you would expect in your normal one. In summary, an RV is your home on wheels.
But, as opposed to stationary buildings, RVs have more moisture than a regular house due to the thinner, less insulated windows, and walls. Also, RV’s are generally small, compared to houses that is.
Cooking, taking a shower and sleeping in such a small space results in a buildup of water vapor and condensation in the air which can make for an uncomfortable experience.
To make staying in your RV the best it can be, we’ve reviewed the best RV dehumidifiers currently on the market, their pros and cons and brought you a helpful Buyers Guide.
So, choosing the right one should be much easier after you’ve read through this review…
- Why Do I Need A Dehumidifier?
- Top 10 Best RV Dehumidifier For The Money 2023 Reviews
- 1 HomeLabs 4000 Sq Ft Dehumidifier
- 2 Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star
- 3 Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
- 4 Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
- 5 Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite
- 6 EcoSeb DD122EA-SIMPLE Desiccant Dehumidifier
- 7 Ivation IVADM10 Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier
- 8 Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini-Dehumidifier
- 9 Ivation IVADM45 Thermo-Electric Intelligent Dehumidifier
- 10 Pure Enrichment Deluxe Mini Dehumidifier
- Best RV Dehumidifier Buying Guide
- So, What’s The Best RV Dehumidifier?
Why Do I Need A Dehumidifier?
RV dehumidifiers help get rid of excess humidity in your vehicle. Moisture collected in an RV can destroy appliances, mold and mildew sets in, and corrosion starts to eat up metal in your RV.
Aside from all of these, you get a pretty offensive, mushy smell. The effects of excess moisture in confined spaces also pose negative impacts on your health and will make you feel uncomfortable.
Humid conditions are just right for tiny pests, allergens, and dust mites that cause irritation. Sneezing, stuffy noses, rashes, and coughing, etc., can then occur. Eliminate allergy triggers that should not live in your RV, and more importantly, your respiratory system from high humidity levels with a good dehumidifier.
Your home away from home experience will be enjoyed at its best if you get a good RV dehumidifier. So, let’s go through the top ten currently available, with in-depth details of each product to see which is best suited for use in your RV.
So, let’s hit the road…
Top 10 Best RV Dehumidifier For The Money 2023 Reviews
1 HomeLabs 4000 Sq Ft Dehumidifier
The HomeLabs 4000 is a 9-gallon large dehumidifier capable of removing up to 70 humidity pints from the air. It absorbs moisture and water so quickly, yet it runs on very little power. This makes it suitable for use in your RV.
It is designed to look sleek and modern, so it blends in just right with the other appliances in your RV. It also features built-in wheels and handles that make moving it around relatively easy.
This dehumidifier is so quiet when running, that you won’t even hear it over your regular conversation, and can even sleep soundly with it by your side.
You just need to select your ideal moisture setting. The machine continuously runs this setting 24 hours a day seven days a week. If its water collector tank gets full, it auto-powers down.
But, if you have an outlet point in your RV, you could just channel that water to keep flowing out hence running a continuous indefinite cycle without the need to power down.
This dehumidifier is also superb at removing odors. It is super durable, and you’ve really got nothing to worry about as it offers you a 2-year, 6-month warranty.
It measures 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches, and has a 1.6 gallon (6 liters) water tank capacity
- Huge capacity while using up minimal energy.
- Nice design and color to blend nicely in your RV.
- Quiet operation.
- Auto moisture setting to allow for continuous running.
- An auto outlet of collected water eliminates the need for a manual drain process.
- Wheels for easy movement.
- This dehumidifier is designed for much larger spaces so buying it for sole RV use might be overkill.
- It does not work in hot weather as it is designed for mainly winter use.
- The hose which is used for the manual drainage is not included in the package.
2 Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star
The Keystone Energy star is an RV dehumidifier capable of removing up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day in rooms spanning up to 3000 feet. Given that an RV is usually much smaller than this, you will be 100% sure of a no-moisture in your vehicle with this product.
It has full electronic controls which you can set as a function timer or set it to continuous run. The KSTAD50B also has a transparent water level bucket and shuts off automatically when it needs to be drained.
It has custom settings (normal, turbo and auto-defrost) which can be adjusted to meets your specifications.
Aside from fancy controls and a LED screen, it also has features like dust and dirt-in-air filter. This removes practically everything harmful that may be in the air within your RV. The dust and clean air filter are easy to remove and shake off for subsequent use.
It uses very little power to run. It also has an auto-remember feature so even if you turn it off or disconnect it, it still starts up with your pre-settings on the machine. You can set up auto drain by simply installing a hose with an outlet to let water drip automatically.
It has travel-box-type to make the unit easy to move to around in or outside your RV!
- Requires little power to run.
- Has easy to use pre-installed settings.
- Auto-restart saves your settings when you power down or disconnect from the mains.
- The transparent bucket is a plus to monitoring the water level.
- Alert with automatic shut-off when water is at maximum level.
- Custom settings and electronic LED screen make it easier to use.
- Wheels for easy movement.
- The hose used for the manual drainage is not included in the package.
3 Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
The Frigidaire 70-pint dehumidifier protects your RV from excess moisture and mold and mildew caused by it. It’s also specific in eliminating bacteria and germs in the air that can cause disease or make breathing difficult.
This device has the capability of running all day and all night when you connect a suitable drain and can provide a water outlet. At that rate, it removes up to 70 pints per day of humidity from the air.
It has custom easy to use electronic controls. Thes buttons function as a digital humidity readout, settings for it’s on/off timer and a control lock. You also get buttons to set up how much humidity you want in your RV.
It is portable and easy to relocate, thanks to a top handle, side handles, and rolling wheels. It runs on low temperature and power to save you energy and money and is certified safe and super-durable by the UL/CUL, NSF, UL, ETL, and the CSA.
- Custom controls allow for ease of use.
- Several accessible functions by just a few button taps.
- The low-temperature operation saves you energy and money.
- Helps eliminate harmful elements from the air – mildew, mold, bacteria, and germs.
- Compact size and wheels for easy movement.
- The harmful air factors collected by this dehumidifier tend to collect in its water bucket and not out the drain unless manually removed.
4 Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
The Pro Breeze is a small (7 x 6 x 11 inches) dehumidifier designed specifically for RV’s and small spaces. It is capable of removing up to 9 ounces of water per day from its surrounding environment and weighs just 2.4 pounds and as such can be virtually placed anywhere!
With its advanced Peltier technology whisper quiet operation and low energy consumption, we wouldn’t be surprised if you forgot where it is!
It quickly and efficiently removes damp air, as well as moisture from the air. It is also embedded with master damp black mold removers within its chemistry. Mold is a common problem in many RVs that usually causes an unpleasant and musty small. Black Mold is toxic and releases harmful mycotoxins into the air.
But thanks to this product, you remain indefinitely covered and protected.
It also has a LED light which blinks to indicate that the tank is full after the machine has auto shut off. Then you drain and simply switch it on again.
This mini dehumidifier also offers you thermo-electric cooling which is designed to give you an air-conditioner experience. Pretty savvy, right?
- Compact, portable and lightweight moisture, mold and damp air absorber.
- Specially designed for RVs and small spaces.
- Peltier technology ensures a whisper quiet operation.
- Large water tank with auto-shutoff and LED indicator.
- Does not feature an automatic drain system.
- It won’t work in extreme cold (temperatures below 41 degrees Fahrenheit).
5 Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite
The Edv-1100 Electric Petite’s motto is simple: “Give Excess humidity a Powerful Knockout Punch!”. That’s superb, but, we think they do even more than just give a knockout punch!
You get a very low noise (50.9 dB) output with this item. This is sure to have you wondering if it is even on! It is also very portable (6.4 x 11 x 5.2 inches) and weighs just 0.02 pounds!
For one, it removes major moisture, odors as well as mold and mildew with relative ease. While sitting in whatever corner you place it, it is almost as if it has no impact on your electricity with its 23 watts of power required to operate.
It has a stylish design and auto shut-off feature for when its spill-proof reservoir gets full. With whisper technology, you won’t even hear it carry out its diligent duty!
- Almost zero noise output.
- Maximum portability and weight.
- Features a spill proof water tank.
- Removes with utmost efficiency moisture, odors as well as mold and mildew.
- Requires almost no power to run.
- It does not feature an automatic drain system.
- The water tray is small and gets filled easy.
6 EcoSeb DD122EA-SIMPLE Desiccant Dehumidifier
The EcoSeb DD122EA is a compact and effective RV humidity controller. It is even designed for indoor drying of your clothes! This mini-machine is very rapid at its duty and likewise controls mold and bacterial growth.
The EcoSeb runs at low power so does not cut a lot out of your electricity source. It has an adjustable louver and protects water content from spilling by offering tilt protection. This means even while driving on bumpy roads; you don’t get any unwanted spills at the back of your RV.
When the water gets full, it shuts down automatically and also automatically shuts down in extreme heat (95 degrees Fahrenheit) to prevent damage to its systems. It has handles on it’s top as well as for its water compartment so is very portable.
The efficiency of this device has led to its use by many to dry their property after a flood or leak. Sure thing, with this product, you are more than covered from excess humidity, and germs or bacteria in the air in your RV!
- Super dehumidifier with which you can even dry your clothes or RV.
- The EcoSeb controls mold and bacterial growth.
- Low power consumption.
- Anti-spill function.
- Auto shut off is featured.
- Handles for easy carriage.
- It is only designed to work in specific temperatures: between 34 degrees Fahrenheit and 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
7 Ivation IVADM10 Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier
The manufacturers claim that using the Ivation DehumMini dehumidifier is easier than frying an egg. Well, let’s put that claim to the test, shall we?
First, we consider that this device uses Peltier technology. This is noiseless technology for the humidifier. That seems like one point in their favor. Second, it is a powerful and effective dehumidifying system in such a small package (11.2 x 6.5 x 5.3 inches). It doesn’t need moving parts to function, and as such is a lightweight (2.6 pounds) machine and sports a longer lifespan.
Its removable water-collection reservoir is clicked in securely, so does not pop open by error and spill, regardless of the road conditions. This little machines tank can collect up to 17 ounces (2-days worth of heavy dehumidifying action) of water.
The Ivation IVADM10 comes with a flashing LED light to let you know that the tank is at its capacity. It, however, auto shuts off at this point, so you do not need to worry about any damage to your precious furniture or the device itself.
- Peltier module Technology to give a small yet powerful product.
- No moving parts make for noiseless operation.
- ‘Tank full’ LED indicator light.
- Auto-Shutdown to prevent water damage when the water reservoir is full.
- Very durable item.
- Does not feature an automatic drain system.
8 Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini-Dehumidifier
The Eva-dry E-333 packs a special punch: it requires no electricity or batteries to run! Pretty weird right? Well, it does, and still works wonderfully as an RV dehumidifier and is also spill and mess free.
Other unique features are that it is non-toxic, child and pet safe and lasts for up to 20-30 days before renewing.
Its tank capacity of 4 oz to 6 oz, is designed to last for up to ten years and is 100% renewable even after.
This mini dehumidifier is designed to absorb moisture from small enclosed areas (10 x 10 ft maximum). This helps protect your valuables from mold/mildew and moisture rot. It automatically works and needs no settings or reminders to be set to do so.
It features an indicator window with “moisture meter crystals” that change from orange to green to indicate when the unit needs to be “renewed.” Orange is dry; green is wet.
It absorbs 8 to 10 ounces of moisture in an average of 3 – 8 weeks. Its tank is leak and spill proof. When full, simply plug your unit to a mains outlet and watch it automatically “renew” for another 3 to 8 week long work experience.
It can perform such magic because it is integrated with is specialized engineered crystallized silica gel. This gel remains odorless, non-toxic and is completely safe.
The Eva-dry renewable is manufactured with top quality materials and has a 5-year warranty!
Silent, powerless and prudent, yet superb at absorbing moisture from your RV!
- It requires no power source for extended periods of time (3 to 8 weeks).
- Spill and mess free.
- Totally noiseless operation.
- Compact design.
- Automatic operation.
- Simple and holistic indicator meter.
- Safe to use around kids and pets.
- Excellent quality product.
- 5-year warranty period.
- It’s small size, and coverage range may require you to get two or more to effectively cover your RV.
- The Eva-dry has a slow rate of humidity evaporation.
9 Ivation IVADM45 Thermo-Electric Intelligent Dehumidifier
The Ivation IVADM45 Thermo-Electric is a powerful mid-sized machine. It has no moving parts which make for an almost noiseless operation.
This device features an auto humidistat that allows you to set your desired humidity levels. It auto remembers these settings, so you do not need to re-enter them every time you power down or disconnect the device.
This machine has auto LED indicator lights that tell you when the machines water tank is at capacity and needs to be drained. It is summarily a compact appliance that is small, lightweight, low on energy consumption, powerful, and effective at drying up musty rooms.
It’s also guaranteed to last a long time and eliminates odors from surrounding air like its nothing, because, well, it really is nothing!
- It’s no-moving-parts design make for a noiseless operation.
- Auto humidistat that remembers and gives you your preference in humid air per time.
- LED indicator to indicate a full water tank.
- Low energy consumption.
- Removes moss, bacteria, and odor effectively.
- Long lasting product.
- Does not feature an automatic drain system.
10 Pure Enrichment Deluxe Mini Dehumidifier
The Pure Enrichment is another small, lightweight and powerful dehumidifier on our list of the best RV Dehumidifiers. Its dimensions of 10.5 x 7.7 x 6.9 inches and weight of 3.25 pounds may be small, but does not affect this devices super ability.
First, its avanced humidity control extracts unrelatable moisture from the air for you to breathe comfortably. It is also whisper-quiet and almost at zero noise level. It also features a simple one-touch operation which is so basic that you can do it in the dark.
This device also has an automatic shut-off safety feature which turns off the unit when the water tank is full. When the device has been in use for long periods, it likewise shuts down to prevent overheating, help to prevent any damage.
Its transparent water tank makes it easy to keep track of the water level. It has a sleek Swiss adapted design that makes it look more like an aesthetic feature than the mini machine it is.
With this product, you are sure that from irritating allergens like dust mites, mold, and mildew, as well as excess moisture, is a definite thing of the past in your RV!
It requires very little power to run.
- Features an advanced humidity control to make your air more breathable.
- Whisper quiet operation.
- Simple, very basic one-touch operation.
- Auto shut down to prevent water spills or overheating.
- Sleek, beautiful Swiss-inspired design.
- Transparent water tank to track water levels.
- Removes a wide range or allergens and impurities from your RV air.
- Low power consumption.
- Tends to overheat quickly.
- Does not feature an automatic drain system.
Best RV Dehumidifier Buying Guide
By now you have to agree that an RV humidifier is a must for your vehicle to ensure you get the most comfortable experience out of it and keep you healthy at the same time. In making the decision of which is the best one for you, there are some key things you need to put into consideration.
And, we’ve listed them here for you…
Water Outlet And Change
Humidity is water, and as such, your dehumidifier suctions it and stores it as water within its tank. Opting for an item that needs to be emptied very frequently will waste a lot of time in the long run. It is, therefore, better to go for a product that features an automatic water outlet or a bigger water capacity.
The space in your RV should be sufficient to accommodate what your buying. Also, you might need to clean once in a while, so it’s better to have an item that allows for easy movement and is either lightweight for easy carrying or features wheels and/or handles.
Products that do not require complex installations should be favored over products that do. That way, you get to save on rather expensive technician fixes that would otherwise have cost you nothing if you choose to buy an easier to install product.
Controls And Features
A humidifier with an option to choose a preferred humidity range is usually better. Usually other products that do not have this feature do not have a humidistat and keep sucking out your humidity to rather uncomfortable levels.
Some other that are regulated, but out of your specifications, might also not work so well for you.
Noise levels should be at a minimum. You do not want your dehumidifier disturbing your calls, sleep, or your favorite TV programs!
Several dehumidifiers have features like cloth drying, dust removal, odor removal, mold and mildew removal and many more. Choose to buy that which best fits your needs.
This is a very imortant factors that must not be overlooked. A quality product will serve you better and longer as opposed to one that is not. They also keep you safe by providing you feature like anti-spill and auto shut off to prevent damage.
So, What’s The Best RV Dehumidifier?
The answer to controlling excess moisture in your RV is a dehumidifier. This review has featured the all-round best you can currently buy. They all have differences and similarities though, and as such, you should follow the buyer’s guide to select which is most suitable for you.
Our overall winner for all-round functionality, however, goes to the…
With its super safety and quality ratings (UL/CUL, NSF, UL, ETL and the CSA), it is not so difficult to understand why.
This product offers you customs controls, and eliminates bacteria, mold, mildew and germs as part of its basic functions. It is compact and is easy to move as well as energy conservative. Just the touch of gold that your RV needs!
I purchased a Pro Breeze dehumidifier for my RV. I bought this dehumidifier because of the size and price. I’ve had it for about two weeks and am happy with it so far. The fan is relatively quiet; it sounds almost like a fan on the low setting. If any of you are thinking of building your own meat curing chamber I would certainly give this a try.
I’ve also had Eva-Dry dehumidifier in the bathroom for a couple of months now and I haven’t noticed any new mildew spots. I have to plug it in every week or two since there is so much moisture in the bathroom, but that is a very easy process. I love the size and ease of use!