This debt collection agency has repeatedly violated my rights by reporting inaccurate information to the credit reports after I challenged the validity of the debt, I requested to validate the debt and by doing so has had an adverse impact on my livelihood. I even send a check by certified mail, which was signed by ” rent recovery ” in order to prevent further damage to my credit report. It is imperative to note that I challenged the validity of this debt within the 30 days allowed by law, did not get a response and during that time they reported it to the credit bureaus. After my last letter dated XXXX/XXXX/15 they stopped communication, ignored my letter and started harassing my daughter and continued reporting the unlawful information to the credit bureau after I disputed the debt in a timely manner.
I called and spoke to two Rent Recovery employees in addition and in between the five written communications I sent. I requested to speak to a Manager which I was denied stating that ” it is company policy that no consumer has a right to speak with a manager ” even after explaining that I had exhausted all other avenues to resolve this.
Points presented to prove this : 1. The first communication ever sent to me or my daughter who I signed for as co-signer for was on XXXX/XXXX/15. I responded to the letter within 30 days certified receipt signed XXXX/XXXX/15 by XXXX XXXX, requesting proof of debt. The evidence provided was a hand written claim for cleaning, light bulbs which we still do not agree with. This is common practice by XXXX apt management.
2. On XXXX/XXXX/15 I faxed and email a second certified receipt communication, signed by XXXX XXXX, expressing my concern over the incorrect reporting to the credit bureau as well as the fact that I received a letter in XXXX notifying me of a debt for the first tine which I clearly stated from the beginning that if I received proof of debt I would be happy to resolve. Requests were ignored.
3. On XXXX/XXXX/15 my wife called and spoke with XXXX XXXX XXXX, explained the entire situation including the still disputed validity of debt, discussed the inaccurate reporting on my credit report and explained this was impacting my ability to earn a living since I have my own business. She stated to XXXX XXXX that we would make the full payment purely in the spirit of removing this inaccurate information of which valid proof was never provided, but that I wanted this removed since it was reported unlawfully to start with. XXXX XXXX lied on the phone stating that this would be marked paid as full and for credit reports this is identical as if it was never reported. My wife immediately told XXXX XXXX she was providing false information because this is not true. She stated she would ” put in a request ” for it to be removed.
4. On XXXX/XXXX/15 I sent a certified mail with a full payment ck XXXX which was signed by XXXX XXXX on XXXX/XXXX/15 with a letter explaining the conversation.
5. On XXXX/XXXX/15 I received a letter from Rent Recovery stating ” that we did not meet the agreement ” and threatened ” Actions Planned Against Me ” 6. On XXXX/XXXX/15 8 days after full payment was received by Rent Recovery a new reporting to the credit report agency was made stating ” the DEBT WAS CONFIRMED AND VALID AFTER XXXX BY CONSUMER ”. This reporting was made in bad faith after receiving all the attached communications.
7. After my last letter Rent Recovery stopped all communication with me and two months after started calling my daughter and reporting it on her credit report.
This company has provided false information, has reported false information to the credit bureaus and has adversely impacted my life and that of my family. I hope this is given the attention it deserves.
The company website states ” fairness and respect ” is their company philosophy. What an abuse of power!
Sincerely, XXXX XXXX