This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are you a trucker on the wide open road? Then you need to consider purchasing a dash cam to make your driving experience safer.
Accidents happen, even to the best drivers. However, sometimes it might not be your fault. Having a dash cam lets you prove your case. In an extreme instance, it could even ensure that you keep your CDL and job.
As a professional driver, you probably travel thousands of miles per day. A dash came provides you with evidence of every mile. If an accident should occur, you will have video footage that outlines the truth of what transpired.
If you want to feel protected on the open road, then please continue reading about the ten best dash cams. Each of the best dash cam choices outlined here has pros and cons that can make your job easier. Please read on to learn which dash cam might be your best choice for your big rig.
- Top 10 Best Dash Cam For Truckers On The Market 2023 Reviews
- 1 KDLINKS X1 GPS Enabled Full HD 1920×1080 165 Degree Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam
- 2 WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS – 2K Super HD – 170° Lens – 16GB microSD
- 3 Rexing V1 Car Dash Cam 2.4″ LCD FHD 1080p 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording
- 4 ROAV DashCam C1, by Anker, Car Recorder with Sony Sensor, 1080P FHD
- 5 Rexing V1LG Dual Channel Car Dash Cam FHD 1080p 170°
- 6 Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 2017 Edition
- 7 ITRUE X6D Dual Car Dash Cam Pro Stealth Full-HD 1080P 170°Wide Angle
- 8 WheelWitness HD PRO – Premium Dash Cam with GPS – 2K Super HD – 170° Super Wide Lens – Night Vision Dashboard Camera
- 9 Vantrue T2 24/7 Surveillance Super Capacitor Dash Cam 1920x1080P 2.0” LCD 160° Car Dashboard Camera w/Wave Guard Parking Mode Recorder
- 10 OldShark Dash Cam, 3″ 1080P HD Car Recorder 170 Wide Angle Night Vision Dashboard Camera
- Best Dash Cam For Truckers Buyer’s Guide
Top 10 Best Dash Cam For Truckers On The Market 2023 Reviews
1 KDLINKS X1 GPS Enabled Full HD 1920×1080 165 Degree Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam
With a Full-HD Video 1920×1080 and a super wide 165-degree angle, you will catch everything in front of you. The dash can automatically record with a continuous loop. It has a large 2.7-inch screen that is a slim design so will look unobtrusive on your dash.
The super night vision captures everything even in ultra low light. In addition, the wide dynamic range means nothing will be blurry to the sides of the road.
It has a built-in GPS component to record all data with the video clips. This means you can check vehicle location, speed, and route using Google maps with the help of the included KDLINKS Dashcam Player Software.
There is an emergency lock button and accident detection feature so you can lock your current video for future safety. This way you never have to worry about losing important footage.
- Full HD video
- Night vision
- Built-in GPS
- Emergency lock and accident detection
- Often stops recording
2 WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS – 2K Super HD – 170° Lens – 16GB microSD
With a resolution of 2560×1080 / 2306x1296P SUPER HD, you’ll be able to see every detail. Rest assured, everything will be recorded in crystal clear clarity.
The wide dynamic range and HDR technology are perfect for night recording. You’ll be able to see a fully balanced exposure as the unit compensates for the light and dark spots.
It comes with two sticky mounts and a suction cup so you can use it in multiple vehicles. Simply plug it, insert the SD card and you are ready to go.
This camera plugs right into your cigarette lighter outlet. Once hooked up, it starts to record.
GPS enabling lets you track your video alongside Google Maps so you always know exactly where you are located. This is also great if an accident should occur so you know your location for fast and effortless reporting.
The wide angle lens captures not only the road in front of you but also off to each side. You won’t miss a beat with this camera
It comes with a free 16 GB microSD card that features continuous loop recording. The camera starts recording automatially when you fire up your truck. When the card reaches capacity it deletes the oldest file and replaces with a new file so you always have an automatic and continuous recording.
- Wide angle lens
2560×1080 / 2306x1296P SUPER HD
- Multiple mounts
- Plugs into cigarette lighter
- Automatically deletes the oldest file to replace with newest
- GPS enabling
- Poor night vision
3 Rexing V1 Car Dash Cam 2.4″ LCD FHD 1080p 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording
This low profile dash came is very discreet. No one will even know you have it which is excellent for keeping a low profile on the road.
It features full-HD recording at 1080p video @ 30fps. The wide range allows the camera to work well in low light
There is a 170-degree ultra wide angle lens so you can capture all areas of your surroundings. This means no blurry side of the road images.
The video will record in three, five and ten-minute intervals. Once the storage reaches memory capacity, the newest recording overwrites the oldest. You can expand because it supports micro SD memory cards up to 256GB.
There is a G-sensor which is an accident detection sensor. The sensor knows if a collision should occur. The video will lock during an accident and will not be overwritten.
- Low profile
- Full-HD recordings
- Wide angle lens
- Overwrites the oldest video automatically
- Has a G-sensor for accidents so the video is automatically saved
- Often stops recording
4 ROAV DashCam C1, by Anker, Car Recorder with Sony Sensor, 1080P FHD
This dash came features the Advanced Sony Exmor sensor with Nighthawk Vision technology. You can capture four lanes of traffic in pure full HD1080p.
You can also use the ROAV app to manage, download and view the dash cam’s recordings. This lets you double check things down the road.
If your truck should be bumped then the gravity sensor in the camera automatically activates. This is great for a hit and run scenario.
If your truck in areas of the country that sustain extreme heat or cold then don’t worry. This dash cam is designed to handle temperatures up to 149 degrees Fahrenheit and down to 19 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Nighthawk vision
- Full HD 1080p
- 4-lane wide angle lens
- Gravity sensor
- Temperature resistance
- Software problems reported
5 Rexing V1LG Dual Channel Car Dash Cam FHD 1080p 170°
Discreet design. You can keep this dash cam well-hidden.
Captures 1080 HD video with 30 fps with a front-facing camera. The camera is also efficient in low light situations. You’ll be able to see even small details with clarity.
The camera has an as a built-in GPS logger so you can mark the date, time, location and speed information. Certainly, such information can prove critical if an accident should occur and there is a discrepancy in stories.
There is a loop recording so if your storage is reached then the new recordings overwrite the oldest. You can also expand with a 256GB card and have even more needed space. After all, why limit yourself to low memory?
Has an accident detection (g-sensor) which detects any collision. Once detected, the information will be saved so you don’t have to worry about it being overwritten.
- 1080 HD video with 30 fps
- Works in low light
- Built-in GPS
- Overwrites the oldest information
- Accident detection
- Does not tolerate excessive heat well
6 Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 2017 Edition
Has full HD 1080P that renders crystal clear clarity. It also provides good night performance so you can see everything that goes on around your rig. You’ll never have to worry about missing details and you can feel secure knowing that you have proof of whatever happens on the road.
This dash cam is easy to install with various mount options. Install vertical or horizontal.
Built-in G-sensor that automatically detects an accident. Once the sensor is activated the footage is saved. There is also a manual emergency one-touch option.
- Full 1080 HDp
- Easy install
- Built-in G sensor
- Manual emergency one-touch
- Takes excessive time updating
- Lacks wide-angle capability
7 ITRUE X6D Dual Car Dash Cam Pro Stealth Full-HD 1080P 170°Wide Angle
This dash camera boasts a unique triangle design for stealth and smoothness. The round edges also make it more ergonomically friendly so if you should drop the camera there are no sharp edges to cause damage.
There is a 3M adhesive tape to quickly affix the dash came. This means no drilling or brackets so you don’t have to worry about damaging your dash.
The dash cam easily records full HD footage so you can see things plainly. Also, offers both night and wide-angle options to capture the whole road.
If an accident should occur, it has auto locking at the time of the collision. In addition, there will be a date stamp and plate stamp recorded.
It comes with GPS capabilities. The GPS antenna is sold separately.
The unit must be plugged in. The battery is used in an emergency situation for backup.
- Triangle design
- No brackets required for mounting
- Date stamp with plate stamp
- GPS capabilities
- Must purse GPS antenna separately
- Wires are difficult to hide
8 WheelWitness HD PRO – Premium Dash Cam with GPS – 2K Super HD – 170° Super Wide Lens – Night Vision Dashboard Camera
This dash come comes equipped with a 170 degree super wide angle lens so you can see all areas of the road. Talk about the perfect road witness!
The camera works well in very low light situations and dark shadows. The camera can process more light to create a vibrant and easy to decipher an image so you can see precise details. It can even combine multiple exposures to make the most of its night vision ability and let you decipher hard to makeout details.
The G-sensor and GPS let you automatically detect accidents and save the footage. Furthermore, it will record the speed, location, and coordinates.
The loop recording will wipe the microSD clean of the oldest files and replace them with new. Due to having a clean recording feed, this means you always have continuous playback.
The camera is easy to install and mounts using a suction cup. Just plug it into your power to start recording. It comes with one suction cup, two sticky mounts, and a 12-foot power cable.
- Wide angle lens
- Works in low light
- Records speed, location, and coordinates
- Mounts easily with a suction cup
- Loop wipes clean the oldest file to make room for the newest
- Often stops recording
9 Vantrue T2 24/7 Surveillance Super Capacitor Dash Cam 1920x1080P 2.0” LCD 160° Car Dashboard Camera w/Wave Guard Parking Mode Recorder
This dash cam does not rely on a lithium battery but uses a super capacitor so it is highly resistant to heat. Rest assured, it can withstand temperatures from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. This means there is no risk of overheating and exploding
The camera easily captures the road without distortion. You’ll be able to see license plates and road signs clearly on the footage so identification becomes easy if necessary. In addition, it functions well in low light situations.
The Wave Guard Indicator lets you detect distances. As a result, when it detects movement in front of the camera’s lens then it starts to record. It has time lapse which allows it to take photos while making a video.
The G-sensor detects any shake or collision so it will isntantly capture the moment. At the time of impact, the camera locks so you save valuable footage. The GPS track also lets you know the route, location, and speed.
- Features a capacitor for heat and cold tolerance
- Records video without distortion
- Can detect distances
- Features a G-sensor
- Had GPS capabilities
- Often shuts off and turns back on
10 OldShark Dash Cam, 3″ 1080P HD Car Recorder 170 Wide Angle Night Vision Dashboard Camera
This dash cam features wonderful 1080p for clear footage. There is a 170-degree wide angle lens so you can capture the road in front of you and to the sides.
Any time the dash cam senses an accident it locks the current video to protect the footage. You don’t have to worry about it being accidentally deleted.
The camera offers a smooth recording even on bumpy roads so you don’t have to worry about blurring. The shock absorbancy design means that your camera remains stable.
Rest assured, this device is easy to mount to the windshield. The camera will record any time the engine is running so you never miss a minute of what is happening around you. The simple plug and play design have never been easier.
- Crystal clear 1080 HD
- Wide angle lens
- G sensor
- Loop recording
- Easy mount
- Lacks GPS
- Lacks night vision clarity
Best Dash Cam For Truckers Buyer’s Guide
As a trucker, you spend a lot of time behind the wheel traveling the backroads so you are aware of the dangers. You need a camera sidekick to record what goes on.
Buying a dash camera is often complicated. First of all, some offer features that others do not.
Top Must-Have Features
You are probably wondering what features are important and what ones are not. Here are a few things to consider. Please read on to learn what is important for a trucker and what is not.
- Dual Cameras: Some dashcam feature front facing and a rear facing cameras. Also, this is a nice feature of autos, but its hard for a dash came to see behind a big rig that is pulling a tractor trailer.
- Light and Dark: Sure, a lot of dash cams take fantastic footage during the day but at night you can’t see much but a grainy image. Be sure to buy a camera that records well in low light situations too because you will be driving at night.
- Range: You want to see what is right in front of you and what is located at a distance so range matters when it comes to a dash cam for a trucker. Ideally, the camera should perform at a range of at least 20 meters both day and night. Unfortunately, many dash cams don’t even list their expected range.
- Storage: Yes, storage matters but a good dash came will overwrite old files with new ones so you don’t need a lot of stored recordings. If you make it through a day of driving without incident then there is no reason why the camera should not overwrite the old files with new.
- Perks: Think about the perks that you might like. GPS tracking is great. Also, a must have is the G-sensor that automatically records and saves any accident when an impact or jolt has been detected.
First of all, a road is a dangerous place when you are a professional truck driver but having a having a dash came offers reassurance. Also, if there is an accident, then you are covered with video footage of exactly what took place. The video footage can keep you safe by revealing the truth.