Deposits and withdrawals

Posted on Posted in Bank


My name is XXXX XXXX. My US federal income tax refund check was set to be directly deposited into my bank account at XXXX in XXXX, Illinois. The amount of the check was {$1100.00}. Unfortunately, my account at XXXX had recently been closed due to fraudulent activity that I had experienced. After that, I chose to not reopen another account at XXXX. But since I knew that my federal income tax refund check was coming directly to XXXX, I asked XXXX if they needed my new address since I had moved after my recent divorce. At that time, XXXX advised me that they would not be forwarding the check to my new address because their bank policy was to return any non-deposited federal income tax checks back to the IRS. Unfortunately, XXXX did not do as they said they would. Instead, when XXXX received my direct-deposit federal tax refund check, they apparently took it upon themselves to cash the check and mail me a bank check directly to my last known address. When doing so, XXXX did not notify me of these transactions so they did not know that I no longer resided at my last known address they had on file. So the check was erroneously mailed to my ex-husband ‘s home. My ex-husband ‘s name is XXXX XXXX and he resides at XXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXX, IL XXXX. Without my knowledge or permission, my ex-husband illegally proceeded to take my tax refund check to his own bank in order to cash it for his own personal gain. Unfortunately, he succeeded in illegally cashing my check on XX/XX/2017, by signing only his name to the back of the check, even though my name was clearly stated as the sole payee on the check. The bank at which my ex-husband executed this transaction is U.S. Bank located at XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXX, IL XXXX. Today, my attempts to resolve this matter with personnel at U.S. Bank have been completely fruitless, even though they did admit they should never have cashed this check. Instead, they are attempting to place the blame on my bank, XX/XX/XXXX, for erroneously mailing the check to the wrong address. Currently, I am in the process of filing criminal charges with the XXXX Police Department against my ex-husband for his theft of my money. He ‘s clearly a dishonest person, and I think it is highly unlikely that I will ever get my money back from him. Nevertheless, I firmly believe that U.S. Bank is primarily at fault for allowing my ex-husband to cash my tax refund check without having my signature on it, and without his name even being on the check as a payee. It is my hope that U.S. Bank would reimburse me in full for their error, and then they can worry about pursuing my ex-husband for his criminal deceit. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Leave a Reply